- Top 5 Films: E.T., Ordinary People, The Truman Show, Chinatown, and There Will Be Blood.
- Top 5 Fiction Works: 1984, The Great Gatsby, The Mysteries of Pittsburg, The Big Sleep, and The Picture of Dorian Gray.
- Top 5 L.A. Hot Spots: Griffith Observatory, Palisades Park, Silver Lake Reservoir, Fryman Canyon, and Disneyland.
John has represented plaintiffs and defendants in business contexts ranging from breach of contract, trademark enforcement (anti-counterfeiting), trademark and copyright infringement, patent infringement, and misappropriation of trade secrets, to professional malpractice, employment, and civil rights.
John received his J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania Law School, and began his legal career at Morrison & Foerster in Los Angeles. He is married and enjoys distance running, reading history, and spending time with family and his Cocker Spaniel/Golden Retriever mix, Charlie.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 2008
- University of California Los Angeles, B.S. in Mathematics and Economics, 2004
Honors, Awards, and Affiliations
- Phi Beta Kappa
- University of Pennsylvania Journal of International Law, Associate Editor and Executive Editor, 2006-2008
- Extern (Summer 2006), U.S. District Judge James V. Selna (Central District of California)
- As part of the team enforcing client’s trademark against a former distributor selling counterfeits of client’s products, took multiple key depositions and prepared successful motion for summary judgment.
- As first chair counsel, successfully defended his client against an aggressive plaintiff in breach of contract trial, obtaining a total defense judgment. Prevailed against plaintiff’s subsequent appeals and obtained attorney fee awards totaling more than ten times the “damages” that the plaintiff sought at trial.