Grodsky, Olecki & Puritsky LLP understands that litigation can significantly impact a client’s profits, sustainability, and future success, so we work closely with our clients to manage that impact. We devise strategies to mitigate risk, and, where appropriate, work to position our clients so disputes can be advantageously resolved short of trial, and sometimes even before a lawsuit is filed.
But if a case does move to trial, our litigators have the experience to win. Our attorneys regularly appear in federal and state trial courts throughout California and elsewhere, and have argued before many courts of appeal.
We represent clients large and small -- from Fortune 500 companies to individual investors, executives, and professionals. Our clients are engaged in diverse industries and professional pursuits, including the fashion industry, the arts and entertainment industry, the health care industry, marketing and media, pharmaceutical manufacturing, medicine and the law.
- Obtained an arbitration award of more than $12 million for our clients, investors who developed a golf resort and hotel, against a former partner for fraud and breach of fiduciary duty. The award was confirmed by the Superior Court and later upheld on appeal. We then thwarted the opposition’s attempt to avoid the award through bankruptcy.
- Persuaded the City Council to honor the City of Torrance’s prior agreement to renew a radio transmitter lease, which allowed two sales of the lease made in reliance on the agreement, to close. The client avoided a potential $168 million loss.
- Obtained summary judgment in United States District Court on a six-figure breach of contract claim brought by a Chinese manufacturer against our client, a national graphics and marketing firm.
- Our client, an international modeling agency, was sued by a former model for breach of contract, fraud, and immigration claims. Grodsky & Olecki reached a favorable nuisance value settlement for the agency.
- Obtained early dismissal of entire case on “anti-SLAPP” motion to strike, including recovery of all attorneys’ fees and costs, and then successfully defended that dismissal in Court of Appeal.